Sorry to bore those of you not doing SP5, but it's time for me to Answer the Questions!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm not fond of Red Heart, but Lion Brand's OK. I like natural fibers, but unnatural fibers aren't bad if they're soft or blended with natural fibers.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke and cats and perfume.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Almost a year.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup, it's here.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
The lighter the scent, the better. I prefer natural or herb types of scents, like rainwater, sage, etc.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
You know, not really.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Ha! Knitting is all I can handle. I do love to cook, though.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm pretty eclectic. Don't like rap/hip hop or country, but other than that, I'm pretty open. Don't have MP3. But my CD player handles burned CDs. Currently I've been listening to Lenny Kravitz, Gwen Stefani, Blind Boys of Alabama, Beck and Green Day. I also love string quartets.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm not fond of neons, but other than that, I'm open. Love earth tones, especially intense, rich ones. But I also love bright pinks and lavendars. Go figure.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, two boys (9 and 12), two dogs (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels). Love 'em all.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To achieve Master Knitter with the Knitting Guild of America! Oh, and write several novels that are well-received.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My faves so far have been Cascade 220, Noro Kureyon, Koigu, and Muench Touch Me.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything really rough and scratchy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Whatever I have on the needles. Currently that includes linen dishcloths, Koigu shawl and novelty yarn flip flops.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Don't have one yet.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Besides what I listed in 15, I'm knitting an afghan, a tote bag, and a scarf.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo, except for coarser yarns, then I like Addi Turbos.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
I'm hoping, but not yet. I haven't experienced the joy of handmade socks on my size-10 feet (hint, hint).
22. How did you learn to knit?
I took two classes. Yes, it took more than one. So sue me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About six months, a shawl from a very tangly yarn.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Love dogs, obviously. Very animated character? Probably the It's Happy Bunny Baby.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and my birthday.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn for the stash? And books? I have no room for anything else.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Vintage knitting books and patterns would be fun.